Sunday, February 27, 2011

Heartbreak Ridge

I grew up like most boys drooling over the Dirty Harry films. Clint Eastwood is the ultimate tough guy and man's man. I cannot believe that I have never come across this film before. Starring and directed by Clint comes this 1980s wartime film. I really had a good time with this film and couldn't stop watching it when it started moving along. The film was just a good time the whole way through. Clint's raspy and don't-give-a---- attitude permeates through every scene and with every other character he comes in contact with. He welcomes confrontation.

The only minus I found for this film was the length. It could have been an easy 90-120 minute film, but it was almost to the 2.5 hour mark. It did start to become grueling when they actually begin real battle. It seemed like they were pinned down in that little house/fort for forever! It definitely impacted the positive experience I had been having up until that point.

I need to look into more old school Eastwood films because he knows how to tell a story and act the piss out of it.

Rating: 9/10
RT: 85%

No comments:

Post a Comment