Wednesday, February 23, 2011

127 Hours

Been a while, but I need to start some consistent writing again. A few weeks back I wrote like 10 pages of my screenplay. It's now at 90 pages... 30 pages seems so far off!

127 Hours was phenom. I love the simple premise and how it's actually based on true events. It was adapted from a book and those usually make for good films. The best part of the film is James Franco. He is a literal vision. By far the best performance I've seen in a long time.

People have said that the weakest part of this film is the fact that the story follows one guy who's trapped under a rock for multiple days and that it is boring. Within their negative issues with the film is where my positive feedback is. Allowing the film to slow down and really concentrate and focus on the time that James is pinned to the rock allows us to share the experience with him and start to understand what he went through.

Most likely will make my top list for the year. Check it out.

Rating: 9.75/10
RT: 93%

No comments:

Post a Comment