Thursday, February 24, 2011

Going The Distance

I can thank my wife for making me waste almost 2 hours of my life watching this film. Going in I was hopeful - maybe Justin Long and Drew Barrymore would have some actual chemistry and be entertaining to watch. I was wrong. Their relationship seemed so artificial and pushed that it hurt. They tried to incorporate a lot of bathroom (american pie) type humor, but it really fell flat. Even the sidekick friends off-the-wall one-liners were so trite and forced that you couldn't help but wondered who wrote this piece of garbage.

There is probably two or three times where there are actual moments of humor, but those come few and far between. One that comes to mind was when Justin and Drew came home and started getting into it on the dinner table while her brother-in-law was eating a sandwich there. His remarks carried the scene, no thanks to Justin or Drew though.

Rating:3/10
RT: 53%

No comments:

Post a Comment