Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Blind Side

I can’t believe that I watched this film, let alone am writing about it. So I will keep this little review brief to spare myself the anxiety. It was overall a good film. It had a decent story (similar to DANGEROUS MINDS), but whatever. It’s always nice for the white over-privileged lady to come in and save the underprivileged kid(s) at the very right moment in their lives. How incessantly touching! Yeah right. Most of you will like this film, but I’m not like you. Towards the end it tried to turn itself into a sports flick, but no one could take it that seriously. It’s like considering VARISTY BLUES a solid football film. Fat chance. VB is like Dawson's Creek meets American Pie with a football.

The acting was sincere and heartfelt. Sandra Bullock didn’t overly impress me with her performance. Her character was suppressed throughout most of the film. And we were never given any character motivational rationale for picking up the homeless child in first place. It just kind of happened, and for me that was a little choppy. The story really didn’t touch me all that much – it seemed like the kid DID have a place to live, but he didn’t want to because it was in a bad neighborhood. And maybe I’m too numb to these urban miracle stories. Idk. At the end of the day it was just a good popcorn flick with some legitimate humor sprinkled throughout. The younger son was probably the best part of the film. He was definitely the comic relief.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment