Sunday, March 14, 2010

Brief Intro / Film Goal

First off, I'm in love with cinema. All that goes into it. From the writing, location scouting, producing, editing, directing, etc. I love being able to experience the world through 24 - 60 fps. I have a degree in Film Studies from the University of Michigan, so I truly appreciate all aspects that go into the cinematic art form. Currently I am working in an advisory role at a local college and use my nights to escape into the world of film.

My goal is to watch as many films as possible in a given year and take notes after the film to try and learn the detailed interworkings of all that it is. My goal last year was to watch one film per day. I watched 443 films. I'll post my list of top films for the year later. So far this year I'm at 106 films, but I really need to step it up as my goal is 650 for the year. 1000 films in two years is my running objective.

I'm excited to share my thoughts and experiences with the world. I'll try to write about every film I watch up here on the blog. I'll probably post a new blog every few days and collectively discuss the films that I've watched up till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment