Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sing a Song of Six Pants

My uncle and my father were hardcore Three Stooges fans during the whole time I was growing up, so I was very familiar with these guys. And even Shep before Curly came into the picture. I don’t know if you could quantify SING A SONG OF SIX PANTS as a feature film, but the website I found it on did, so that’s good enough for me. I also have included short films on my watched list in the past, so I guess I’m not violating any rules of mine with this whole “watch a film and then write a little review about it” rule. Anyways I’ll talk about this Three Stooges feature for a little bit.

SING A SONG OF SIX PANTS Video

Here we find the three stooges working at a tailor shop – removing stains from pants, hemming clothes, and fitting suits. All their stories are situational comedies, so it doesn’t really matter where they are or what they are doing. They will find a way to make it interesting and humorous.

They were no doubt the originators of the slapstick comedy routine. They paved the way for every ball kick, face slap, or violent comedy sequence to follow. We see it in tons of films and at times they are quite hilarious: TOMMY BOY, ACE VENTURA, or even the extremists in the JACKASS series. And this film still stands the test of time. There are truly funny moments and with the perfect special effect sounds with the slapstick routines it really is a delight to walk down memory lane. At times it can be a bit corny, but give them a break – it was 1947!

Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment