Friday, June 4, 2010

Did You Hear About The Morgans

So I’ve taken a little break from this whole blogging, movie review thing. Anyone who reads my posts wouldn’t know that, but I have (I was like 20 reviews ahead of myself there for a while). This doesn’t mean that I’ve stopped watching movies though! I’ve probably watched 20 in the past two weeks. And that number is tremendously good too considering we moved into a new house and took a long vacation up north for Memorial Day. But I’m back in the saddle again and I will try to not post so many ahead of time, although that was a nice little break for my fingers. Today, I’m going to discuss a movie that I actually watched up north with my parents and wife while camping. I know, real old school camping, eh? But it was raining out and we hunkered down inside to play cards and watch a flick, so get off my case already.

Did You Hear About The Morgans Trailer

Right off the bat I need to let you know that I hate these two head actors. Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant – they are honestly two of the actors that I despise and hate almost everything that they do, separately, together, whatever. He’s a whiny little girly brit man, and she’s a stuck-up brat that I’d like to slap. Whew… I feel better having gotten that off my chest. So going in I was anything but excited. However, I was excited to see Mary Steenburgen and Sam Elliott as the other two stars in this film. They really saved it for me. Do you care about plot or story here? We all know what kind of film it’s going to be. Hugh whines and wusses out about random things and Jessica is there to be snappy towards him, right? Nailed it. Exactly what happens. And eventually Hugh steps up to the plate to defend his wife and everyone lives happily ever after. That’s the story (they go into witness protection in Wyoming and there’s a fish out of water story because they’re from New York… you can write the rest in yourself).

Ok, so the movie does have some genuinely funny moments that saved me from a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. We do not have Hugh or Jessica to thank for these moments. We have the locals in Wyoming to thank for this, and at the top of the list we have Mary and Sam to thank for those moments. If you have to watch this with your sig other, than it’s not a terrible choice. Luckily, it’s only over the 90 minute mark, and for a while there you stop counting minutes and get into the film, so it’s not all that bad. Overall the film was fine, I just really hate Hugh Grant And Sarah Jessica Parker. Ugh.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment