Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Observe And Report

So I’m back! Took a nice week off from being diligent within any type of writing and now I’m back to the ole’ grindstone. I still kept up with my movie watching quota, so I have half a dozen new films to blog about. And I finally went back to the library for DVDs and CDs, so now I have a never ending supply of films I need to watch. The majority of them are newer releases so I am sure I will be disappointed and enraged and I get to share that. Let’s start with OBSERVE AND REPORT. The premise is that there is this flasher on the loose at a local mall where Seth Rogan works as Head of Mall Security. His role serves to bring this pervert to justice and win the love of the makeup girl he so avidly admires.

OandR Trailer

For the most part I did enjoy this film. The story did not move worlds and the acting, like all of these flicks, was just good enough to get by. The times when this film shined the most is when Seth or the other main characters when on their tangent raves. You could tell that the majority of the funniest scenes were unscripted and improvised by the main actors.

There is a good amount of full frontal male nudity in this film, so be forewarned. It really doesn’t kick in until the late third act, but when it does, it really does. Picture a 300 lb guy running around a mall with just an overcoat around him. Yeah, I know, and now picture it in slow motion – which is exactly what they used. Kind of funny and nauseating at the same time. This is a good one for the boys. Put it on in the background during a party because it doesn’t demand full attention by a long run.

Rating: 6.5/10
RT: 51%

No comments:

Post a Comment