Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Final Destination

I was so angry while I was watching this film that I wanted to pause it and start to write out my little review. It is absolute garage. There is not one redeeming cinematic quality to this film. The acting, the story, the characters, the plot, the deaths – everything is a complete waste of time and ff you’ve had the displeasure of seeing it you have my condolences and can relate to everything I just ranted about. I’m getting mad just thinking about it again, so I will make this blog brief.

From the very first sequence at the Nascar event you know that this film is terrible. It looks like a b-film with actors randomly placed in the stands and the dialogue is laughable and ridiculous. And even the shots themselves make it feel like a stupid sitcom with a laugh track riding over everything the actors say. Yuck. I hated it. Maybe if I DID see it in 3D the experience would’ve been better, but there were only probably a dozen moments where the 3D would actually lend to some entertainment. As soon as the engine block comes into the crowd and lands in a ladies lap, killing her no doubt, you know that this film is unimaginative, beyond predictable, and useless. And when I say predictable I don’t mean we know how they are going to die, because they do give that information to us in little hints/clues before the person actually dies. I mean predictable in terms of where the story goes next. All the films follow the same path: premonition of accident, save everyone, find out who’s next, oh wait!, we missed someone in the rotation, try to save everybody, everybody dies. I’m dumber for having watched this.

And the only reason it gets any points is because it was on blu-ray and the visuals were good quality clean visuals. 1080p gets one point. This film would’ve gotten none on its own merit. I have to go throw up now.

Rating: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment