Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Fourth Kind

This will probably be the shortest little review/blog I write about a film ever. Going in, I was excited about this film. After 20-minutes I was agonized by it. I understand how they wanted to bring something new to the table with the split narrative between the actual interview footage and real life narrative story, but it didn’t work at all. It was distracting, non-frightening, cheap, soap-operaish, and reminiscent of all the “get-rich-quick-horror-films” that have flooded the market in the last several years, which focus little on story and more on startling images with increased sound levels. Don’t waste your time. What you see isn’t scary or life altering. It really is a sad attempt to bring a breath of fresh air to the horror/alien abduction genre. Go rent CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND. No need to go to the fourth. Or rent any season #1-6 of THE X-FILES. Season #6 is my favorite btw.

Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment