Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy Gilmore

What is there to say about this movie? It’s amazing. We put in up north as we were all just kind of chilling out before going out for a bonfire. We ended up watching almost the whole movie! It’s such a perfect background film that everyone knows, and we were all quoting the majority of the lines. And it still held up for me surprisingly well. I found myself really enjoying almost every scene and trying to remember what was coming next. It was sure funny to see Ben Stiller as the mean attendant at the nursing home/work center. Everyone knows the premise of the film, so I won’t even bother.

Happy Gilmore Trailer

A lot of critics have compared this to CADDYSHACK over the years and I have to say that that’s just not a fair fight. CS is a very smart and cutting kind of comedy, whereas HG is silly and over-exaggerated with lead crazy guy Adam Sandler leading the charge. Still a great film that has stood the test of time and is still one of the great old school comedies in my mind. It’s definitely more refined than BILLY MADISON, but not as classy as CADDYSHACK.

Rating: 9/10

RT: 58%

No comments:

Post a Comment