Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jennifer's Body

True story about this film – I saw an early red-ban trailer for it over a year ago and I was so excited for it. This was before I even knew who Megan Fox was. I miss those days. So I finally got around to watching (again, props to the library for having so many copies of new releases). Premise: woman gets kidnapped (kind of) by a band and then returns as a vampire/undead/zombie girl that needs to feed on people in order to maintain her strength.

JB Trailer Here

I absolutely loved the first act of this film, but then it took a drastic turn. The final 70-75 minutes were so typical of those crappy Hollywood style vampire teen flicks. Kind of made me really upset. The first 20 minutes were great and then it totally jumped ship into crap zone. It’s almost like they spent all their effort and writing talents on the first act and then said “screw it” and let the rest of the film go anywhere at all.

There is one scene that was done really well. It involves the two best friends and some new adventuring I’ll say. I didn’t just love it because of the obvious reasons. It was shot very well and crafted very carefully. See, they can spend time and get that kind of scene right, but they fall into standard crappy teen love/vampire scenes during the rest of the film. Ugh.

Rating: 3/10
RT: 43%

1 comment:

  1. Great title though. Another redeeming factor for the film. That and the first act.

    ReplyDelete