Sunday, July 11, 2010

Little Monsters

My question is: how much cocaine did Howie Mandel tout before each scene in this film? They probably had a special guy dedicated just to that. Kind of like when they yell “makeup!”, instead they would yell “coke!” or something. Because honestly he has a ton of energy in every scene and there’s no way he could keep that intensity up

Little Monsters Trailer

One of my favorite parts/characters in this film is Snick, played by Rick Ducommun, who was also my favorite part of THE BURBS. I should research the movies that he’s in and make an effort to make a week special of watching/reviewing them. That’d be sweet. I also love the part where Fred Savage has to go retrieve the baseball and runs into Snick by boy’s stairway. The way they setup that scene with the slow pans and the music was impressive. Finally, I also love the smash baseball that they’re playing. It makes me think of my dream to-do off my bucketlist. Go into a retail store that specializes in glassware and breakable items and smash them all with a baseball bat.

Something that blows my mind about this film is how it sustained a PG rating from the MPAA. There’s none stop smoking from Snick, constant swearing – including a young girl saying the “s-word”, people getting decapitated, etc. I understand how that all flew in the 1970s with JAWS and POLTERGEIST, but this is 1989 people. Well whatever, it’s not like I care personally, just making an observation.

Overall this movie is a fun ride done memory lane. Fred Savage annoys the living hell out of me, but Howie Mandel makes up for it in a big way.

Rating: 8.50/10
RT: N/A (I guess no one has rated it yet. Hmmm….)

No comments:

Post a Comment